MomsTeam.com Advertising Policy
MomsTeam.com ("MomsTeam"), an online publication of the 501(c)(3) non-profit, MomsTEAM Institute, Inc., has established the following guidelines to govern various aspects of advertising such as banner, badge, contextual advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions ("Advertising"), including (a) MomsTeam's acceptance of Advertising, (b) the manner, placement and display of Advertising on MomsTeam.com ("the Site"), and (b) removal of Advertising from Site. Our Sponsor Policy governs labeling of Sponsored Content. Interpretation and enforcement of these guidelines is in MomsTeam's sole and absolute discretion, as are all other issues related to Advertising on the Site. These guidelines are subject to change by MomsTeam at any time in its sole discretion and are effective upon posting of a revised policy on the MomsTeam.
- MomsTeam has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the Site. Under no circumstances shall MomsTeam's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised, or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
- MomsTeam will not accept Advertising that, in MomsTeams opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. MomsTeam will not permit at any time the placement of any Advertising for illegal or objectionable products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or handicap.
- MomsTeam will not accept Advertising that advertises, or is in any way related to the sale or promotion of alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency.
- Advertisers must only offer products or services, which are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as Advertising.
- MomsTeam recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the Site shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such, and MomsTeam will not run any Advertising on the Site that is not so identified. To that end, all Advertisements on the MomsTeam site will be clearly labeled and bear the legend "Advertisement." Clicking on the ad will link the user either directly to an advertiser's site, to relevant information on the MomsTeam Site, or to a "Sponsor's Resource Center" on the MomsTeam Site. Sponsored Resource Centers will be labeled as being sponsored, and the name of the sponsoring entity will be displayed. See Our Sponsors for more information.
- MomsTeam retains the exclusive right to determine the way in which any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on the MomsTeam Site. MomsTeam search results will not be influenced by nor subject to monetary incentives provided by Advertisers or Sponsors to MomsTeam. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source e.g. "Youth Sports Parents News." If Sponsored Content appears in the displayed search results, it is labeled as "Sponsored" so that users can make informed decisions about the content they wish to view. In addition, MomsTeam provides a separate area on the search results page labeled "From Our Sponsors" in which sponsors and advertisers may purchase space to list their content or advertising.
- MomsTeam reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from the MomsTeam Site for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising, together with an explanation of the reasons for rejecting, cancelling, or removing the advertisement. MomsTeam also reserves the right to determine the appropriate placement of the Advertising on the MomsTeam Site.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, including applicable laws and regulations of regulatory bodies. MomsTeam will not monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations, but reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. If MomsTeam becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, MomsTeam may remove the Advertising.
- No Advertising shall be permitted which may injure the good name or reputation of MomsTeam or the MomsTeam Site.
- No Advertising by a Sporting Goods manufacturer will be allowed, but such companies may place a page of information in our various "Product Guides" for the sole purpose of helping to educate the public about various products. (As of October 1, 2013)
- MomsTEAM retains the right to evaluate goods and services and may award the MomsTEAM Seal of Approval in the future to products which it deemed as smart, safe, and reliable.